Welcome to the Practice Treatment Plan’s Weekly New Patient Marketing Tips!
Today we are going to discuss the benefits of showing Patient Education Content on the TV in your practice’s reception area. We are often asked by our clients for our opinion on the value of using educational videos in the waiting room. We think it is a good idea. Here is why:
- Patient education videos are better than Fox News (or CNN for that matter). Seriously, even if you do not want to play educational videos, please, please, please ditch the news. We want patients coming back to the chair in a good mood… not upset about the stock market or terrified about the latest terrorist threat. Opt for the Cooking Channel or Animal Planet if you have to. These subjects have been proven to reduce anxiety.
- Engaging content in the reception area can actually decrease perceived waiting times.
- Research shows that Generation-X (born in the mid-1960s to the early 1980s) and Millennials (born in the early 1980s to the early 2000s) respond better to TV/Video than they do to traditional print. This means that they will much more likely to watch a video than they will to pick up and read a brochure. And, they will be much more engaged with the content.
- Patients also appreciate medical services being explained to them in a more colloquial and engaging fashion. Educational videos do just that. They can bridge the gap between “doctor speak” and the language they use on a daily basis.
- Patients will come back to the chair wanting to ask you about your services! They may have come in for an extraction, but now they know about your dental implants. “Hey doc, how much does that cost?” How much easier is your job of treatment planning when they ask you about it?
- When we are marketing to potential patients externally, we get a very limited window of their time. When a prospective patient arrives on your site, we get about 5 seconds of their attention until they decide whether to proceed further into your site, or go back to where they came from. The average total time that prospective patients then spend on the website is just a few minutes. The average time spent waiting in a medical reception room is 15 minutes. That is a lot more time that you get to engage the patient on your services!
Are you interested in using patient education videos in your reception area? We recently signed a partnership agreement with Dear Doctor TV to provide their in-practice services at a discount for our clients!
For more information, call us at (888) 412-8820 or visit https://newpatientsflow.com/reception-area-tv-marketing to learn more!
New Patient Marketing Strategist
Practice Treatment Plan, Inc.